With all non-essential activities in the Northwest shut down for the foreseeable future due to the COVID-19 virus outbreak, most people are staying home with their families in an effort to flatten the curve. Along with the health of the Southern Residents, the health of all those who love them and our community are our top priority.
Since everyone is staying home and the schools are closed, the Orca Salmon Alliance would like to offer you some resources for online orca education, fun activities, and art projects anyone can do from the comfort of their own home.
On this page you will find some fun educational resources for all ages to enjoy. We will continue to update the page with more resources so please keep checking back! Also be sure to stay tuned to our Facebook and Instagram accounts for daily orca updates, fun videos, photos, and resources.
If you have any online resources for Southern Resident orcas or salmon that could be added to our ever growing lists, please email email@example.com
Activity Sheets for Children from Orca Research Trust
– Colour In and Fact Sheet
– Colour In and Fact Sheet #2
– Beach Clean-up coloring sheet
– Colour In and Write a Story
– How to Make a Paper Orca
– How To Draw An Orca
– Killer Whale Crossword
– How to Make a Kite
– How to Make an Orca Mobile
– Connect the Dots and Fact Sheet
– Orca Maze
– Write A Story About Orca writing prompt
– Make a Whale Box
– Make a 3D Paper Model
– Orca Multi Page Cutout
Killer Whale Tales‘ Student Activity Guides
– Cover, Glossary, and Resources
– Length and Weight
– Word Search
– How did the whale gets it.. ?
– Orca Safe Home
– Draw yourself as a whale
– Pod activity
– Killer Whale Tales Activity Booklet Volume 2.
– Listen to Orcas Live!
Virtual Marine Biology Camp from Oceans Initiative
Resources from Whale and Dolphin Conservation
– Crossword Answers
– Matching Game
– Matching Game Answers
– Match and Science Worksheets
– Match and Science Worksheet Answers
– Orca Whale and Calf Coloring Page
Sustainability Ambassadors – Teacher Webinars
– Engineering Fish Passage at Howard Hanson Dam
– Salmon Survival Data Critical Solutions